Friday, June 02, 2006

June 2, 2004

Hi all!

Much, much better day today! First of all we had no official business to do today. Second we didn't have to get on the bus until 10:00 (as opposed to 6, or 8, or 9). Third, Lindsey ate! And she pooped! :-) And I am more rested, even though I didn't sleep well last night, just nervous about would she eat today, I think. We fed her first thing this morning and she took the bottle right away, ate about 4 ounces but threw about 3.5 oz. of that right back up. But it was a start.

We had breakfast then the group went to a beautiful park in Guangzhou. It was HOT. It was hotter than hot, it was humid. But it was nice and then we went to Pizza Hut. It tasted *exactly* like here at home (I had heard differently). It was sooo good. When we got back to the hotel we fed Lindsey 2 ounces and she kept it all down. They say the babies here like their formula hot. But she likes it cold. Right after she finished her bottle, she pooped, first time. :-) I changed her then she pooped again. :-)

She is very happy and content but still no smile from her. I think she is the only baby in our group who hasn't smiled yet, but she is more content then some of the other babies. She seems very happy despite no smiling.

She loves to suck on a cloth diaper. She starts sucking and usually falls right to sleep. She's slept all night both nights, crying a little a few times in the night, but I just pat her head and say some soothing mommy words and she goes right back to sleep.

I forgot to post pictures last night, sorry. We went to another family in our group's room to visit and went straight to bed when we got back. I will hopefully remember to post some when I finish this email. Jay is here and Lindsey just fell asleep so he can help me.

We *think* Lindsey may only be 13 some pounds (note from the present: found out at her medical exam that she was 16 pounds). I weighed myself then weighed myself again holding her and subtracted the difference. The scale is in kg but we got an approximate conversion. She is tiny but I didn't think that tiny. So either the scale is wrong or her referral information was wrong. It said she was 14 pounds at 5 months. The 12 month clothes fit her well. She is so beautiful. I can't wait for you to meet her.

There's tons more to say but I'll go and do the pictures. If I forget remind me to tell you about some of the funny ways our guides say some English words. Quick example: formular (formula) and breakferst. Our guides are AWESOME. Talk to you again soon!

Eileen





No comments: