Wednesday, February 08, 2006

When mom's away....

.....the kids will play!

Okay so Mom hasn't been away but I've been sick! So, um, I've been letting Lindsey watch entirely too much TV and all kinds of other fun things. This morning the living room was covered with bandaids, tape, and stickers. (She is obsessed with bandaids!) I gave her (dry) Lucky Charms for a snack and she just eats the marshmallows out and leaves the rest! BAD mommy! The last thing, remember how she likes to draw faces? She drew several more.....on the carpet (with washable crayon, so I hope it washes out of carpet).

Life with a 2 year old and a sick mommy. Sigh. I hope I feel better tomorrow or I will really have a wild child. As soon as I'm better I'm going to have to lay down some new ground rules!

5 comments:

Puddin' said...

I know too well what happens when Mom is "indisposed", even for a few moments. Sorry you're sick!

Oh no...crayon faces on the carpet?!! Have you read about my new find in carpet cleaner?? It works wonders!! (just not on white T-shirts with Sharpie ink...)

Donna said...

Oh joy! At that age, my son took me by the hand and led me to his "work of art", pointed and said "Macky Donulds!". He'd drawn great big yellow ARCHES on our wall with a yellow permanent marker! Gotta love 'em! :)

Donna
Mom to Gwen of Shenzhen!

Eileen said...

Jodie, I did read about your new find! I will have to get some of that asap! :-)

Donna, oh no! That is way worse than washable crayon on the carpet (which already has enough spots in in, what's a few more *G*). I think every mother has some sort of similar story!

Stephanie said...

Also try Resolve Foaming Action Carpet cleaner - it has always worked for me!

Krista said...

Hope you feel better soon for everyone's sake!