Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ramblings (what else is there to do during this long wait?)

There are 2 pieces of what I think is misinformation floating around and it drives me nuts when I hear them!

The first is the statement that the reason the wait is taking longer is "things slowed down around Chinese New Year". Things slowed down well before that. I believe September was the last time a full month's worth of LIDs got referrals *until* January when the CCAA got a second batch of referrals out just before the CNY break, resulting in about a month's worth of LIDs referred in January. How is that a slowdown around the CNY? If anything it sped up just for that month, then went right back to the snail's pace that began in October 2005.

The other statement is that the CCAA moved their offices and that is why things slowed down. According to Jane Liedtke, CEO of OCDF (Our Chinese Daughters Foundation) and resident of Beijing, they have not moved yet and plan to move in April. She had lunch with the director of the CCAA himself. I got this information from her email list that I have mentioned here before http://groups.yahoo.com/group/askjaneinchina I trust that her information is correct.

Then there is the latest rumor out of Spain that the next batch of referrals will only contain LIDs up to May 30. How depressing is that? They were wrong last month when they said the last referrals would contain about half of June, so hopefully they are wrong again. But it seems that other than last month usually they are right. I'm trying not to get too depressed about that. They could always send out another batch in a short period of time. They did in June 2004 when they sent referrals just one week after a batch had come out. I know this because my neighbor got a surprise referral that time!

Please I just do not want to travel in winter! Maybe it sounds dumb but I can handle waiting longer (I have my hands full with Lindsey, crazy lady that she is!) but I can't handle the thought of lugging all our winter gear to China and freezing our buns off during the Beijing touring.

Note to self: " He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." Trust God's plan for you, and in HIS timing!

2 comments:

Joannah said...

Yes, I have been following rumors, too, even though I'm only in the paperchase. I guess I'm trying to get a sense of what I'm in for. As excited as I am about this adoption and my daughter-to-be, I really don't want my whole life to revolve around referral and everything after. There is a life to be lived in the meantime. The negativity is understandable, but I don't think it's a healthy and productive way to live. Each day is a gift, so we should live in the present!

Eileen said...

Amen Joannah!