Thursday, October 20, 2005

Packing for China

I feel like I don't have much to say right now since all we are doing is waiting! Waiting for a long time yet. The whole adoption feels different (in some ways, but not in others). Last time I was so unsure of so many things, both about the trip and about having a little one again. "What is the best stroller, carseat, high chair, sippy cup, baby carrier...." on and on. Since we're asking for 18-24 months I really can't buy much for Allison right now (not to mention we have no money $$$$) She could be under a year, she could be 2. So I'm not in a frenzy to purchase things at the moment.

As for the trip, last time my obsession was packing lists! Now I pretty much know what I want to bring and not bring. I just may need to tweak my packing list from last time a little bit. Even though I don't have PLO (packing list obsession) this time, for some reason I still like looking at other people's lists. I thought maybe since I can't think of much else to say right now I could talk a little bit about some of the things we brought last time that were very helpful to have.

I think I will start with that next time though. Jay will be home from his Greek class any minute and I want to read some before I go to bed. So I'll leave you hanging for now! Good night.

1 comment:

Puddin' said...

I can't wait to see "the list"! This is our first adoption and I could really use some advice on what to bring and what not to bring!! I tend to be an over-packer. :)

~Jodie