Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lifest - Saturday

My sister and I had a great time at Lifest on Saturday. As several people told me, Casting Crowns was awesome! I have to admit a few years ago they were at Lifest and we only listened to a few songs and moved on to a different concert. I'm not sure why we were not that taken with them at the time. So I didn't know what to expect this time. Right from the start I knew it was going to be awesome! They really spoke to me about several things. I never really listened to the words of East to West but they fit me perfectly with what I've been going through lately. I was so blessed. I downloaded the song to my iPod. They were the last concert of the night (for us anyway) and I was sooooo tired afterward! This 43 year old mom of little ones is NOT used to staying up past midnight 2 nights in a row! LOL I was tired all day Sunday.

We were also pleasantly surprised by how much we liked Chris Sligh! He was awesome. We also saw just a bit of Rebecca St. James (the sound was bad or something, we left to go see Chris). We saw most of a concert by Danen Kane. We also listened to 3 or 4 songs by a band name Ruth. The band wasn't there though for some reason, just the lead singer and his guitar. Never heard of them before, it was pretty good.

I think that's it. Chris Sligh was our "Crabb Family" of this year's Lifest. Several years ago on the last day of Lifest, it was SO hot and we were SO tired and we were tired of walking from one concert to another. So we just decided to park our butts where we were at the time. We had good seats, we had everything we needed, we decided to listen to whatever singer/band was up next at that stage. It was The Crabb Family. We had never heard of them before and didn't know what to expect. WE LOVED THEM! It was awesome! It was such a nice surprise.

So anyway, there's the rest of my Lifest recap for 2008. I didn't take any pictures on Saturday so all you get is me talking. Sorry!

I can't wait for next year's Lifest!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eileen,

Hi honey! I miss you! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great time at your recent concerts. You are so deserving of some sweet and joyful times. The girls look wonderful. Again, I miss you. We are heading west in 7 days. Bought a house in CO and are going to spend 6 months out there. I pop onto your blog but am terrible about leaving comments but wanted to let you know that I miss you.

Love,
Nichole

Jeff and Amy said...

Eileen, so glad you had a great time, maybe next year I can plan ahead. I would love to go!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

2 nights staying up past MIDNIGHT! I'm impressed!!! :)
You got to see and hear some great music. Lucky you!
peace
fm

Anonymous said...

I would so love to see Casting Crowns!!