Sunday, May 28, 2006

More from 2 years ago...

Since our second trip to China is taking longer to happen than we hoped, I am reliving our first trip, 2 years ago, and will be posting the emails that I wrote to the Yahoo group I started to document the experience.

May 28, 2004

I wasn't able to write from China right away - there was no internet in our room and we got in much too late. We got in to the Beijing airport at 11:30 pm China time Friday night so by the time we got to our hotel it was bedtime! I wrote my first post the next day. Watch for it tomorrow. Here is the view from our hotel that first night (Yu Yang, our guide said that was the first and last time AWAA would ever use that hotel! The one AWAA normally uses, the Radisson, was booked.)



And again, back to the present, here is Lindsey in an adorable outfit I got from the Children's Place outlet. I took the picture this morning after church.



And finally a scripture read by our pastor this morning that really spoke to me about the wait:

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

No comments: