Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Ben!

My "baby" is 17 years old today! Happy Birthday Ben!



After 12 weeks of bedrest for preterm labor, then almost 3 weeks of walking around, having contractions but no baby, I was finally induced a few days early (I was due 8/17) and Ben was born at 6:12 p.m. He was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. I can't believe 17 years has gone by since that day. Ben is a son to be proud of. He will be a senior in high school this year (homeschooled) and plans to go into a career in aviation. He loves music, movies, hanging out with friends, and anything aviation related of course. He works part-time as a bagger/checker at a local grocery store. He's a great big brother, a big help to me, and bigger than me!

My sister is watching the girls tonight while we take Ben out to dinner at Hu Hot Mongolian Grill. Yum!

5 comments:

jennifer said...

Congratulations on having such a great son. I hope I can say great things like that when mine are teens!!

Beckyb said...

Yep - I want him to mentor all of my boys!!! Happy Birthday Ben oh and btw - we ALL love HuHot too - how fun!!

C's Mom said...

Happy birthday to your handsome guy.

Mom 2 six said...

Happy B-Day Ben !!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ben! Hope you all enjoyed your dinner.
Dawn