Monday, September 04, 2006

We are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!!

I volunteer in the church nursery once a month. Lindsey does so well in her class, I don't want to be in the same room she is in and have her think that is the way it is going to be. So when she was in the 1 year old room, I served in the 7-12 months area, when she moved to the 2 year old room, I served in the 1 year old room. Well this fall she moves to the 3 year old room, so I signed up for the 2 year old room (well of course). Except the children don't move to their new classrooms until next week, but the new fall/winter volunteer rotatation began yesterday. SO, I was in the same room with Lindsey. First it was just her and I, she was showing me the toys, and then a little crying boy came in. I went to pick him up and Lindsey had a FIT. I was the only volunteer in the room at the time and I had to tend to this little boy (thankfully he stopped crying immediately when I brought him to the train table). But the rest of the morning went well....NOT! Oh that was difficult. She is SO jealous of sharing our attention. So like I said, we are in TROUBLE when Allison comes! Eeek!

On another subject, Lindsey slept in her crib until she was almost 3 years old and then moved to a toddler bed (thanks Dawn!). That was to be temporary until we could find reasonably priced matching twin beds. We just bought matching headboards, put one in the basement for now, and set the other one up on Saturday. (We'll set the crib back up probably next month.) Her room still needs much decorating. Whatever we got done before she came home is what is done today over 2 years later. I can't believe some of the elaborate nurseries some of my fellow adoptive parents have created! Lindsey's room has been pretty bare. Hey, we're slow, what can I say?



5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Whew...you ARE in for it. Ms. Allison is going to cause another little nose to be seriously out of joint. Good part is, every kid gets over it (eventually) ;0)

All the best!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen,
Yes, that is going to be tricky when Allison gets home. We have reverse jealousy here. Our youngest (before Jessie) is 3 yrs. old and he has tolerated his new sibling very well. But, the minute we try and hold him or love on him....Jessie has a fit! I told her that SHE is the one who moved in on Jason's territory. Not the other way around. Funny girl, she is.

Love Lindsey's bed. So cute!

Kristin said...

I am late to this party, but I wanted to extend my congratulations to all of you on the referral of Allison!

Can't wait to hear all about her and see her little face.

& Lindsey looks quite sweet in her big girl bed.

Redheaded Chick said...

Eileen,

Looking at fellow adopters' nurseries for their children makes me hyper-ventialate. When we finally have Isabella, she is going to feel so underprivileged when it becomes clear to her that mom didn't spend 1 billion hours decorating her room!

FuzzySparkle said...

What is the asking price for the bedding?