Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lifest 2006!

I just spent a wonderful but exhausting few days at Lifest, a Christian music festival near my home. The best thing is I got to see one of my absolute favorite Christian artists, 4 Him (second only to Steven Curtis Chapman, and even then it's almost a toss up). http://www.4him.net/ It was one of their last concerts as a group after 16 years together. They are so awesome! It was the second best concert I've ever been to, the best one being when I saw them 2 years ago at Lifest. :-) They sang one of my favorites, Fill the Earth. I've always felt the power of God through His creation and this song captures that so well.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Psalm 19:1

Besides 4 Him, we saw Chris Rice, Salvador, Jars of Clay, Mark Schultz, Relient K, The Afters, Kutless, MxPx, a comedian, an improv act, and parts of other concerts/acts. My first Lifest was in 2002 when I just went to see SCC. I didn't think the rest of Lifest would be my cup of tea (thinking it was more for teenagers) but when we got there and I felt the awesome atmosphere and realized there were other artists I would like to listen to, I bought a full 4 day ticket for the following year. That year was a BLAST. I had so much fun. The next year I didn't get to go as much since we were newly home with Lindsey, but I did manage to get there for awhile. Last year I went every day, and this year 3 out of 5 days.

Three years ago during Lifest we were paperchasing for Lindsey. Two years ago we were newly home with Lindsey. One year ago we were paperchasing again. This year we are, well of course, we're waiting. Next year will we be paperchasing again? Uh, no, I don't think so. :-) We are almost 100% sure this will be our last child. I know enough never to say never, but I am pretty sure.

Last year at Lifest I was trying to get some pictures for our dossier too (didn't get one that turned out good enough, we were always so hot and sweaty). This year I didn't take a single picture, but here's one of SCC from last year if you don't mind. :-)



If you listen to Christian music, who is your favorite singer/group/band?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen,
I love keeping up with your blog. Of course, my favoriite musician is Steven Curtis Chapman. He is just an swesome guy and his committment to God is amazing. Close runner-ups are Casting Crowns, Mercy Me & Third Day.

Lifest sounds like a blast! Too bad you live so far away. ;-)

Fellow 232er,
Tricia

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog.

I love Third Day. They sound a lot like Green Day to me. Also love Casting Crowns and Mercy Me and Jeremy Camp. My 8 year old son loves Bleach.

C's Mom said...

Third Day is my fave...Jars of Clay are up there too.

Katri said...

Ya'll should also check out Jason Morant, David Crowder and Shane and Shane! Oh- and Big Daddy Weave. So glad to know that I now listen to the same music as my kids (ages 18, 15, 7 & waiting)
Katri - LID 9/9

Mom 2 six said...

Hello-I was bummed to miss Lifest but picking up Mia was a great reason not to go. :)
We will meet next year !!
I don't think there is a bad Chrisitan Band- I love SCC, Jars of Clay, Casting Crowns....
Shelly

Anonymous said...

yea i went to lifest this year for all 5 days!!! it was awsome. My favorit band is Hawk Nelson. well cya next year.

Skyler